Know God, Seek Wisdom, Serve Others
8:30am - 3:00pm Monday - Thursday
Friday 8:30am - 2:00pm
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the school office is open for essential business only. You may call the school office at 503-363-9408 for more assistance or information. If you have any financial concerns or questions, contact Mr. Starr at 541-660-4327 or email at email@example.com. or Mrs. Kroschel at 503-580-5488 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLASS of 2020
May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4
8th Grade Graduation 2020 - - FUTURE CLASS OF 2024
LETTER FROM PRINCIPAL PERSONIUS AUGUST 20, 2020
Dear Livingstone Families,
As we enter into the 2020-21 school year, the question on everyone’s mind may be, are we starting school with in-person or virtual school? For the last several weeks we have been eagerly viewing the state of Oregon and local Marion County Covid-19 numbers. We have seen what appears to be a trend of daily case numbers in Marion coming down from where they were two weeks ago, however at this point it is clear that for at least the beginning weeks of school, Livingstone students will be starting on a reduced in-person instruction schedule (Except Pre-school and Kindergarten). We remain cautiously optimistic that if county Covid-19 case numbers are indeed in a downward trend, we will be able to move to full-time in-person instruction sooner than later.
Some positive changes of where we stand today as opposed to when we left in June 2020:
1. Our Pre-school and Kindergarten students are under a different set of guidelines that will allow them to come to school for in-person learning.
2. We are no longer on a stay-at-home or shelter order as we were before, so we are allowed to provide reduced in-person instruction to students in groups of up to 10 students in each class for elementary and middle school students and a rotating in-person schedule for high school students. During this reduced in-person Instruction period, instruction for grades 1-12 will be supplemented by on-line distance learning.
3. K-3rd grades are under less stringent metrics which should allow them to attend in-person sooner than other grades when we see our Covid-19 cases drop in our county.
4. Last year, we shifted to distance learning in the span of one weekend. This year our teachers will have had time to plan and think about ways to improve on distance learning.
5. This year, we have guidelines in place and expect to return to in-person instruction as soon as state and local numbers allow.
6. We know that there may be some who will be hesitant to send their children back to school during this pandemic or unable to provide transportation for their children for reduced in-person instruction. Therefore, for those families, we are prepared to provide distance learning for your child as long as necessary for this school year.
You will be hearing in the next few days from your child’s teacher(s) regarding class schedules, and first of the year events. I am happy to report to our middle school and high school athletes, that sports seasons have not been cancelled but rather shifted to later in the school year. Pre-season training, and practices are now approved and we anticipate those to begin soon.
As we start this school year we are excited that we can start with some in-person instruction for our students on campus. At this point we are viewing this as a temporary stepping stone to full in-person instruction. We want you to know that we do take your child’s safety and well-being extremely seriously and have spent the entire summer planning ways to improve safety. While the pandemic is a challenge, we want to make sure that this school year will be a year of growth and opportunity for your child. We know that God’s hand is working mightily at Livingstone and we can’t wait to see what great work He has in store for your child this year.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out. It is our privilege to serve you and your child.
Principal, Livingstone Adventist Academy
Livingstone Adventist Academy - Inspires its students to know God, seek wisdom, and to serve others.