Livingstone Adventist Academy
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT LAA
For an application or more information on any of these positions, please call the school office at 503-363-9408.
PE Teacher (K-6)
As a PE Teacher, you will be an individual who loves working with children and is an important figure in helping young people lead healthy lifestyles. They face an increasingly important role in helping combat youth obesity. Their passion for sport, and physical activity and healthy living should inspire, motivate and educate students as to the benefits of physical activity which includes the joy and social interaction for its participants. They will lead lessons with focus on: motor skill development, participation, cooperation and teamwork.
· Plan, organize and deliver lessons consistent with the physical education curriculum of students’ grade level
· Organize skill development and game situations for pre-school through sixth grade
· Engage students to participate and cooperate in motor activities that furthers motor and cognitive skill development
· Supervise/monitor lesson activity providing instruction and feedback to students
· A firm but compassionate individual who loves working with children whose mission is to help teach students how to lead a healthy lifestyle and find joy in doing so.
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· PE teachers must demonstrate athletic skills, so remaining in physical shape and modeling good health is also critical.
· Strong knowledge in sports and physical activity
· Associate degree or 2 years of college
2 ½ hours, twice weekly
Wages dependent on experience level